What’s Happening in Morristown?


The City of Morristown and Hamblen County are making joint application for the Edward Byrne Memorial … [Read More...]

Sewer Work – Week of May 26th

Sewer work continues around Morristown. For a list of current projects and road closings, CLICK … [Read More...]

Memorial Day – Garbage Pick-Up Schedule

The City will be observing the Memorial Day holiday and will not be running routes on Monday. If … [Read More...]

Frequently asked questions

Who do I call for local cable television questions?

MUS Fibernet (423)586-4121

Charter Communications: 1-866-472-2200 (423)586-6977, (423)581-2633.

Employment Office:

5 Rivers Career Center: (423)317-1060.

How do I get my electrical power turned on and who do I call if I have problems?

Morristown Power System: (423)586-4121.

Food Stamps:

Department of Human Services: (423)585-1444.

Who will provide water to my home and how can I receive service if I have problems?

Morristown Water System: (423)586-4121.

Who do I call about my city sewer hookup?

Plumbing Inspector – Greg Ellison : (423)585-4627.

How do I get information about the legal issues relating to the construction or renovation of a home or business?

City Engineer: (423)585-4620.

How do I get information on building permits or building inspection within city limits?

Chief Building Inspector: (423)585-4626.

Who do I call with a question concerning property zoning?

City: Dir. of Community Development and Planning: 586-3291.

Who do I call if I have questions about my taxes?

City Clerk: (423)585-4607.

Where do I call to get a Passport?

Circuit Court Clerk: (423)586-5640.

Where do I call to get a Marriage License?

County Court Clerk: (423)586-1993.

Where do I call to get a birth/death certificate?

TN Department of Vital Records: Nashville 615-741-1763.

Health Department 586-6431

How can I get information on garbage pick-up or brush retrieval?

City: Public Works Department: (423)585-4658.

How can I find out more information about housing in Morristown?

Public Housing: Morristown Housing Authority: (423)586-5115.

How can I gather information about participating in the city and county recycling efforts?

City and county crews provide pickup on a weekly schedule. Plastics, glass, aluminum, and newspaper may be combined in separate blue bags and placed near the curb.

Weekly Schedule: Keep America Beautiful, (423)586-6422.

Recycling Details: Goodwill Industries 423-586-6514.

Where do I go for medical needs?

Two hospitals serve area residents:

Lakeway Regional: (423)586-2302.

Morristown-Hamblen: (423)586-4231.

What school district will my child attend and what is the school schedule?

General Information: Hamblen County School System, (423)586-7700.

  • Alpha Primary: (423)581-3440.
  • Alpha Elementary: (423)586-3332.
  • East Ridge Middle School: (423)581-3041.
  • Hillcrest: (423)586-7472.
  • John Hay Elementary: (423)586-1080.
  • Lincoln Heights Elementary: (423)586-2062.
  • Lincoln Heights Middle School: (423)581-3200.
  • Manley Elementary: (423)586-7400.
  • Meadowview Middle School: (423)581-6360.
  • East High School: (423)586-2543.
  • West High School: (423)581-1600.
  • Russellville Elementary: (423)586-6560.
  • Union Heights Elementary: (423)586-1502.
  • West Elementary School: (423)586-1263.
  • West View Elementary School: (423)581-2407.
  • Witt Elementary: (423)586-2682.
  • Fairview Marguerite Elementary: (423)586-4098.

Bus Schedule: bus garage, (423)586-2103.

Who do I call if my child is interested in playing in a youth league sport?

Recreation Office: (423)586-0260.

How can I reserve a picnic area at a park?

City Parks:(423)586-0260.

Who can I contact about strays or animal owner’s regulations?

Morristown-Hamblen Humane Society: (423)581-1494.

Who can I call for advice on removing an animal that has become lodged or has nested in unwanted areas of my home?

Tennessee Wildlife Resources Agency: (423)587-7037.

Where do I go if I am interested in adopting a pet?

Morristown-Hamblen Humane Society:(423) 581-1494.

How do I get a library card?

Morristown-Hamblen Library: (423)586-6410.

What civic and service activities are available in Morristown?

Rose Center: (423)581-4330.

How can I learn more general information about Morristown and the Hamblen County area?

Morristown Area Chamber of Commerce:(423) 586-6382.

Morristown: Moving Forward

Take a virtual tour of Morristown, TN!