City Council Members
your address into the CITY WARDS MAP.
The Morristown City Council is composed of the Mayor and six Council members elected to staggered four-year terms. Public meetings are held the first and third Tuesday of every month at 5 p.m. in the Council Chambers at the City Center. The local paper announces any deviation from the normal schedule.
The function of the Council is to:
- Adopt and amend City ordinances and resolutions;
- Determine City policies and standards of service;
- Levy, assess and collect taxes;
- Determine how much money is to be spent and for what purposes;
- Uphold all City ordinances;
- Appoint citizens to various boards and committees;
- Responsibly represent the citizens of the City of Morristown as the political leadership.